Hydraulic Excavator Simulator
This affordable hydraulic excavator simulator puts you at the controls of a modern excavator at work in a typical construction site. It's designed to train entry-level operators on basic machine operation and core skills, using 12 simulation modules of increasing difficulty. This technology has been used to train tens of thousands of people in over 25 countries worldwide.
The building blocks of equipment operation
This instructionally-designed excavator simulator takes a building block approach to training, starting with simple tasks and progressing to more complex ones. Simulation modules start with control familiarization, followed by exercises to coordinate the control of the boom, stick, swing, and bucket. Intermediate modules feature trench crossing using "boom jacking", and climbing/descending benches. After that comes the digging, trenching, and truck loading modules, at grade and from benches, with both simulated dirt and boulders. Along the way, you will also learn to spot trucks. For the final module, you will move material to build ramps and climb benches.
For each training module, the software captures data that summarizes how quickly and how carefully each jobsite task is performed, including but not limited to:
- Execution time
- Truck loading accuracy
- The maximum tilt angle when the excavator climbs/descends benches
- The number of "slams" that sound when the bucket is over-opened or over-closed.
This data enables field trainers to clearly see areas where trainees need to improve; they can then coach them to correct these weak spots.
Version 2.0 offers numerous improvements
The new version of the excavator simulator contains numerous improvements and new features:
- Significant improvement to 3D modeling and physics
- The simulated excavator now has left and right mirrors, for improved jobsite visibility
- Truck spotting using the excavator's horn to communicate with an articulated dump truck for proper positioning and loading
- Working with boulders in addition to simulated dirt
- New multi-function replica joysticks feature 8 push buttons, making it possible to pan left/right, tilt up/down and change the operator's point of view.
New instructional content
Version 2.0 of the hydraulic excavator simulator contains 40% of new instructional content, including these new tasks:
- Trench crossing using "boom jacking"
- Climbing/descending benches
- Bench loading a truck
- Truck spotting from a bench
- Building a ramp
Your trainees will be even better prepared to become proficient and safe excavator operators, especially with this simulator's expanded training content.
These video clips illustrate the newest capabilities of version 2.0 of the hydraulic excavator simulator:
Now use 3 Displays (or just one)
You can now use three forward-looking big screen displays to look:
- to the left
- straight ahead
- to the right creating a field of view of 180 degrees.
- (You can still use one display if space is limited)
Benefits of investing in an hydraulic excavator simulator
Although this realistic simulator provides excellent training value, its benefits extend well beyond training new operators to become safe and proficient on an actual machine:
- Useful for conducting aptitude testing on operator candidates, to quickly identify those with the greatest potential - before you hire them - and focus your time and manpower accordingly.
- Reduced "seat time" during field training which can result in significant fuel savings. A number of customers have found that the simulator paid for itself in less than one year, based upon fuel savings alone!
- Reduced equipment wear and damage - when trainees transition from the simulator to an actual machine to complete their training, they will already understand how it behaves and how to control it, reducing the possibility of equipment damage and abuse.
- Teaches trainees good, safe operating habits.
The excavator simulator is available in English, French or Spanish.
Please contact us for pricing of a commercial software license for the hydraulic excavator simulator download. Small accidents due to inexperience can cost thousands of dollars in replacement parts and downtime, far in excess of your investment in this training tool. This priceless investment in the health and productivity of your workers represents an excellent training value and improves operator safety.
Contact us for more information
For more information about this hydraulic excavator simulator, please contact us at 800-942-2886 or 262-514-2886 or via e-mail at email@example.com.