Bucket Truck - Operation & Safety
Bucket Truck - Operation & Safety (60-120 Minutes) is part of VISTA's growing family of Silver Series online training programs, 1-2 hours in length and delivered via the web. They are ideal for new operator training.
Aerial bucket trucks come in a variety of configurations, including telescoping booms, articulating booms, or a combination of both. Before you are permitted to operate an aerial bucket truck, you will need to be adequately trained and have the knowledge to operate safely and productively.
The aerial bucket truck is a unique piece of equipment. Typically, aerial bucket trucks are used to perform tasks at heights that may not practically or safely be performed by other methods. There are many variations ranging in size, boom types, physical capacity, and equipment options.
This program contains the following six lessons:
- Lesson 1 Introduction topics include: equipment variations, fall arrest and travel restraint, the operators manual, safety, potential hazards, work site conditions, communication, securing the work area, labels, safety symbols and decals.
- Lesson 2 Pre-use Inspection topics include: claiming the machine, chassis inspection, lights, horn, windshield area, mirrors, tires and wheels, suspension, leaks, engine compartment checks, boom controls, outrigger, start up, PTO (Power take off), and bucket controls.
- Lesson 3 Start Up and Shut Down topics include: before start up, engine types, starting techniques, and shutdown (normal and emergency).
- Lesson 4 Controls topics include: types of controls, engine switches, outrigger controls, boom controls, bucket controls, safety controls, work tool controls, and emergency stop buttons.
- Lesson 5 Function Testing topics include: start engine, brake, service and parking brake testing, PTO, engine speed test, outrigger test, boom tests and boom speed tests, bucket safety, communication, and moving equipment.
- Lesson 6 Machine Operation topics include: getting started, bucket specifics, equipment set-up, electrical hazards, leveling, weather, boom speed, bucket safety, communication, and moving equipment.
Trainers: Before you begin classroom or field training, why not provide your trainees with a solid foundation of knowledge about the equipment and how to operate it safety? This web-based training course can be delivered any time, anywhere you have access to a high-speed internet connection.
Recommended Prerequisite(s): Heavy Equipment - Intro & Safety, Heavy Equipment - Pre-Use Inspection
Estimated Length of Training Program: 1 hour + final test
Number of Test Questions: 22
Printable Certificate of Completion: Yes, with person's name, date and test score
Incorrect Question Feedback report: Yes
Immediate online delivery for one person - viewable for up to 60 days
This program is available for individual purchase OR as part of a library. (View Library Pricing)
If you have any questions about this Silver Series training program, please contact us at 800-942-2886 or 262-514-2886 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
SIGN UP TODAY for the VISTA e-newsletter
Safety tips and product updates - delivered to your inbox
Stay up-to-date on the latest developments from VISTA Training with our convenient e-newsletter. Be the first to learn about:
- New products and services
- Equipment safety and productivity tips
- Upcoming sales promotions
- Customer success stories
- And much more!
NEW LIBRARY PRICING
for Silver Series modules
An annual or monthly license fee provides unlimited access to all programs in a selected library - for all your employees
- Heavy Equipment
- Heavy Equipment - Mining
- Support Equipment
- Lifting & Rigging
- Pipelayer Installation
- VISTA Video Training Library
Silver Series Benefits
- Conduct operator training - 24/7
- Convenient delivery via web browser
- Pay by credit card or PayPal and access the program immediately
- Programs average 1-2 hours in length
- "Check your knowledge" questions for improved knowledge retention
- Integrated test to verify learning
- A printable, customized certificate of completion for your records